Hi, I’m Eileen. I’m a senior user experience researcher and curious human based in Portland, Oregon. I’m passionate about remote work, making research approachable to others, and building systems to collect and communicate customer insights at scale.
I currently lead the UX Research team at Zapier (rhymes with happier), an all-remote company with team members located in more than 15 countries around the world. I joined in 2015 as the company’s first UX researcher and have helped build and evolve our research practice as our organization has grown from 30 employees to over 200 today.
Projects I've worked on:
- How to Use a Customer Feedback Database to Turn Insights into Action (Zapier blog) — A deep dive on the user research database I built, including a link to an Airtable template you can use to build your own research repository.
- Closing the feedback loop (Airtable blog) — How Zapier uses Airtable to automate customer feedback collection
- How Zapier amplified learning during product development (InVision’ Inside Design blog) — This case study references the exploratory research and one of the personas I created to guide the strategy and design of our Zapier for Teams offering.
- Redesigning an interactive editor (InVision’ Inside Design blog)
How we work:
Here are some blog posts from Zapier’s blog written by a few of my teammates. These provide a glimpse into how we collaborate on remote user research and design projects at a fully distributed company:
- Remote Design: How Zapier Is Building a Distributed Design Culture
- Research Is a Team Sport: How We Conduct UX Research at Zapier
- How to Prioritize Decisions as a Team with a Questions and Assumptions Activity
Want to get in touch? — firstname.lastname@example.org