Senior UX Researcher
- Proactively identify generative user research projects, working collaboratively with product managers to execute research projects.
- Guide and train product designers in how to undertake evaluative research projects and in how to create strategic deliverables (such as journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas).
- Evangelize research. Share user insights with the broader organization and externally in creative ways to increase empathy.
- Lead strategic user research initiatives that span multiple stage groups.
- Mentor UX researchers, both inside and outside of stage groups.
- Actively contribute to UX research processes, documentation and repositories.
UX Research Manager
December 2018–July 2019
- Lead and mentor a team of 3 UX Researchers.
- Develop and drive the company’s UX research strategy.
- Operationalize our user research practice to increase team efficiency and promote user research at scale through the development of processes, training and documentation on remote-friendly research methods, and templates.
- Maintain and evolve our UX Research Insights Database to democratize user research insights at scale and help teams make better decisions on behalf of our customers and partners.
UX Research Lead
April 2017–November 2018
Help shape and define the policies, processes and workflows for user research throughout the company. Advocate for leveraging user research methods and techniques to improve the product experience by understanding users’ motivations, workflows, and pain points.
September 2015–April 2017
Listen to and learn from Zapier’s customers. Collaborate with product, marketing, support, and engineering teams to share discoveries, surface stories, and advocate for our users.
- Work with teams to design, test, and refine complex internal web applications in an Agile development environment.
- Create wireframes, process flows, site maps, and prototypes to help define product design and guide engineering through the implementation process.
- Lead user research projects. Share findings and recommendations with product teams. Establish standard tools and processes for the company’s research practice.
- Write and edit marketing copy for the company’s website redesign.
Digital Strategist & Project Manager
- Collaborated with clients and teams to plan and implement content management solutions that met clients’ objectives.
- Produced information design deliverables including wireframes, site maps, and user flow diagrams.
- Planned and facilitated usability tests of websites and mobile applications; reported findings and recommendations.
- Created and maintained project deliverables including project plans, timelines, budgets, and change requests.
- Wrote and edited marketing copy and press releases for the company’s website.
University at Buffalo
Information Architect & Project Manager
- Created model information architectures for core university websites and an enterprise-wide CMS implementation.
- Conducted user and business research and synthesized findings into actionable strategies and recommendations.
- Conducted usability testing and analytics research to measure site performance and inform decision-making.
- Served on Information Architecture, Usability, UI Design, and Content teams during the pilot phase of the Digital Communication Transformation. This multi-year project led to campus-wide standards and tools for a more branded, user-friendly web presence.
- Led the creation of a university-wide CMS taxonomy.
- Presented project deliverables and educational materials to clients and team members.
Master of Library Science
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 2008
Bachelor of Arts, Art History
State University of New York at Fredonia, 2006
Awards and Honors
AT&T Western New York Civic App Challenge
Rentegrity Mobile App Third place winner in the inaugural AT&T WNY Civic App Challenge, a two-month “virtual hackathon” for community-oriented apps (2014).
AAMC-GIA Award for Excellence
Department of Psychiatry Website Redesign Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Institutional Advancement (AAMC-GIA) Award for Excellence — Electronic Communications/Websites Category (2013).
CASE Circle of Excellence Gold Award
University at Buffalo Top-Level Website Redesign Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) Circle of Excellence Gold Award — Websites and Social Media Category (2012).
Skills & Methods
- Usability testing
- User and stakeholder interviews
- Contextual inquiry
- Card sorting
- Tree testing
- Mental models and persona development
- Jobs to be done (JTBD) framework
- Competitive research
- Content and product audits
- Research ops