Listen to and learn from Zapier’s customers. Collaborate with product, marketing, support, and engineering teams to share discoveries, surface stories, and advocate for our users.
- Work with teams to design, test, and refine complex internal web applications in an Agile development environment.
- Create wireframes, process flows, site maps, and prototypes to help define product design and guide engineering through the implementation process.
- Lead user research projects. Share findings and recommendations with product teams. Establish standard tools and processes for the company’s research practice.
- Write and edit marketing copy for the company’s website redesign.
Digital Strategist & Project Manager
- Collaborated with clients and teams to plan and implement content management solutions that met clients’ objectives.
- Produced information design deliverables including wireframes, site maps, and user flow diagrams.
- Planned and facilitated usability tests of websites and mobile applications; reported findings and recommendations.
- Created and maintained project deliverables including project plans, timelines, budgets, and change requests.
- Wrote and edited marketing copy and press releases for the company’s website.
University at Buffalo
Information Architect & Project Manager
- Created model information architectures for core university websites and an enterprise-wide CMS implementation.
- Conducted user and business research and synthesized findings into actionable strategies and recommendations.
- Conducted usability testing and analytics research to measure site performance and inform decision-making.
- Planned and managed projects from outset to completion, including several successful website redesigns and an online newsletter.
- Served on Information Architecture, Usability, UI Design, and Content teams during the pilot phase of the Digital Communication Transformation. This multi-year project led to campus-wide standards and tools for a more branded, user-friendly web presence.
- Led the creation of a university-wide CMS taxonomy.
- Presented project deliverables and educational materials to clients and team members.
Master of Library Science
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 2008
Bachelor of Arts, Art History
State University of New York at Fredonia, 2006
Awards and Honors
AT&T Western New York Civic App Challenge
Rentegrity Mobile App
Third place winner in the inaugural AT&T WNY Civic App Challenge, a two-month “virtual hackathon” for community-oriented apps (2014).
AAMC-GIA Award for Excellence
Department of Psychiatry Website Redesign
Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Institutional Advancement (AAMC-GIA) Award for Excellence — Electronic Communications/Websites Category (2013).
CASE Circle of Excellence Gold Award
University at Buffalo Top-Level Website Redesign
Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) Circle of Excellence Gold Award — Websites and Social Media Category (2012).
Skills & Methods
- Usability testing
- User and stakeholder interviews
- Contextual inquiry
- Card sorting
- Persona development
- Mental models
- Competitive research
- Content and product audits
- Web writing, editing, and proofreading skills
Software & Tools
- UI design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch)
- Rapid prototyping tools (Keynote, InVision, Foundation, Bootstrap)
- Wireframing tools (OmniGraffle, Axure)
- Content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, Adobe CQ)